Le Deal du moment : -55%
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – ...
Voir le deal
21.99 €

DBS88

New member presentation  Empty New member presentation

Mar 28 Déc - 22:32
Hi, firstly, thank you for letting me join your forum. I hope to share experiences with you so that we learn from each other. I am fairly new to model boats and to steam. I got my first steam boat about two and a half years ago, it’s a twin engine steam tug with the Cheddar Automatic boiler control system on it. It was a very step learning curve for me. It got me interested in building my own boat, so set about learning as much as possible about different steam engines and boilers. To do this I have bought other steam boats. I wanted to learn about metal construction for hulls and decks so I bought an all metal construction steam tug, the ST Norfolk. I also wanted to learn about twin engine set ups with boiler feed pumps so bought a Torpedo Boat Destroyer HMS Daring with twin Stuart Sun Engines, this is a restoration project that is nearing completion. I also wanted to experiment with gas controls and pumps so have a development boat, an open steam launch called the Lady Sarah. whilst learning from these boats I have been collecting parts and fittings ready to start my new build which I hope to get under way in 2022. All of the experiences gained from working on these and other steam models I am happy to share with you, kind Regards Dave
DBS88

New member presentation  Empty Re: New member presentation

Mer 29 Déc - 10:38
Bonjour, tout d'abord merci de m'avoir permis de rejoindre votre forum. J'espère partager des expériences avec vous afin que nous apprenions les uns des autres. Je suis assez novice dans le modélisme de bateaux et dans la vapeur. J'ai eu mon premier bateau à vapeur il y a environ deux ans et demi, c'est un remorqueur à vapeur à deux moteurs avec le système de contrôle de chaudière Cheddar Automatic. C'était une courbe d'apprentissage très progressive pour moi. Cela m'a intéressé à construire mon propre bateau, alors j'ai commencé à en apprendre le plus possible sur les différentes machines à vapeur et chaudières. Pour ce faire, j'ai acheté d'autres bateaux à vapeur. Je voulais en savoir plus sur la construction métallique des coques et des ponts, j'ai donc acheté un remorqueur à vapeur entièrement métallique, le ST Norfolk. Je voulais également en savoir plus sur les configurations de moteurs jumelés avec des pompes d'alimentation de chaudière, alors j'ai acheté un destroyer de torpille HMS Daring avec des moteurs Stuart Sun jumeaux, il s'agit d'un projet de restauration qui est en voie d'achèvement. Je voulais aussi expérimenter avec les commandes de gaz et les pompes afin d'avoir un bateau de développement, une vedette à vapeur ouverte appelée Lady Sarah. tout en apprenant de ces bateaux, j'ai rassemblé des pièces et des accessoires prêts à commencer ma nouvelle construction que j'espère démarrer en 2022. Toutes les expériences acquises en travaillant sur ces modèles et d'autres modèles à vapeur, je suis heureux de partager avec vous, gentil Cordialement Dave
rookie78
rookie78
Admin
http://www.tournereau.com/modelisme/Accueil/Accueil.html

Mer 29 Déc - 11:37
Welcome DBS88!!!

You did run a number of very interesting projects!!!! Details of the buildings and pictures will be more than appreciated...
As well as comments on your experience... What worked and what did not...

Admin

Mer 29 Déc - 18:50
Hello Dave!
I am glad that you succeed to join us with no problem.
You are more than welcome and I cann't wait for you to show us your work.
Thanks for joining.
Regards.
Je suis heureux que vous ayez réussi à vous joindre à nous sans problème.
Vous êtes le bienvenu et j'attends avec impatience de voir votre travail.
Merci de vous joindre à nous.
Salutations.

derekwarner_decoy

Mer 29 Déc - 23:01
Hullo Dave ....... yes, I've been here for quite a few years ........ great people [with sone artisan builders in metal + wood] & interesting projects

[I experienced a forced absence of some months when the WEB site IT system would not let me log in, KBIO & a few others attempted to resolve issues, then magically I could again log-in, which is a daily pleasure for me 

I use WIN10 & set preferences there to auto-convert text from French> English ...... this saves frustration in comprehension - a few Members have assumed the same so to auto-convert my text to French so they don't end up  New member presentation  2321214765 or think me  New member presentation  1486059558

The members will love your posting work as you have done on MBM ... that twin Sun engined plant .... the series will be mouth-watering 

You could make a thread series with copy & paste for the text, the re-insert photographs: ac: [so as not to reinvent the wheel] 

Derek [from Australia]  New member presentation  311625452
aldepr
aldepr

Jeu 30 Déc - 7:13
Bonjour Dave
I welcome you
Alain
F-BZH
F-BZH

Jeu 30 Déc - 9:07
Hi Dave,

Welcome !
vchiu
vchiu

Ven 31 Déc - 13:25
Hello Dave,
Welcome to this forum.  
Please don't hesitate to share  your experience with us.
I am in charge of updating the page dedicated to suppliers of steam models and their accessories
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
A lot of vendors are located in the UK.
Your comment on any missing source will be greatly appreciated so that I keep the pages as complete and accurate as possible.

Happy and healthy new year 2022!
Valery
DBS88

Lun 3 Jan - 22:14
Thank you for your warm welcome, I look forward to getting to know you and to sharing with you new experiences
Contenu sponsorisé