Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Galatea

Simple or compound that's the question? Empty Simple or compound that's the question?

Mer 7 Déc - 11:41
Hi, everyone
As mentioned in my earlier posts, I'm converting my SL Nautilus to compound this winter.
Everything else stays the same. There is no specific reason for the conversion. In fact, the Stuart D10 is probably the best engine for this boat. Certainly less complicated than the compound....
The compound has always been a dream of mine, I just never thought I would ever find a machine like this in good condition. But I did that in England about a year ago.

So far:
-Stuart D10
- Boiler operating pressure 2-3 bar

New
- Stuart Launch compound
- Boiler operating pressure 3-4 bar
- simpling valve

SL Nautilus
- 135 cm
- 26kg

So we have the rare opportunity to compare the two concepts in one and the same boat.
Now my question:
What do you think? How will this affect? What will happen?
Please do not hesitate to share your ideas, thoughts here.
After the first experiences during the next summer, I will write down my experiences here.
See also the excellent contribution by rookie78 in this forum: "Compound" - machines in model building

Best regards
Jürg

Seitenleisten
rookie78
rookie78
Admin
http://www.tournereau.com/modelisme/Accueil/Accueil.html

Simple or compound that's the question? Empty Re: Simple or compound that's the question?

Mer 7 Déc - 20:41
Galatea a écrit:Hi, everyoneThe compound has always been a dream of mine, I just never thought I would ever find a machine like this in good condition. But I did that in England about a year ago.
New
- Stuart Launch compound
- Boiler operating pressure 3-4 bar
- simpling valve
After the first experiences during the next summer, I will write down my experiences here.
See also the excellent contribution by rookie78 in this forum: "Compound" - machines in model building

Best regards

Excellent idea!... I will follow that experiment with a lot if interest . Theory is nice but real things are better...